Welcome to the Mine Closure Wiki and Closedure Project Pages!
Mine Closure Wiki (mineclosure.gtk.fi) is an open internet resource on technologies and approaches used in mine closure. It provides guidance and tools for
- planning, executing and monitoring of mine closure.
Mine Closure Wiki is intended for mining operators, authorities, consultants and researchers
- to smooth the mine closure planning and permitting processes,
- ease the selection of technical methods for key closure operations, and
- to reduce environmental, societal and economic impacts of mine closure.
Mine Closure Wiki provides
- systematic evaluations of key methods and technologies of closure, and
- an overall description of best practices and legislation pertinent to closure.
- benchmarked national and international case studies of performance of closure technologies in areas of post closure water management, water treatment, wastes and waste facilities, and post closure monitoring, and
- results of research and development studies performed by Closedure.
Mine Closure Wiki was developed by the Closedure Project, funded by Tekes Green Mining programme. The project was carried out from 2013 to July 2015 by the Geological Survey of Finland (GTK) and VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland Ltd.
This Wiki is managed and updated by the GTK.
Latest in Wiki
- Mineralogical calculation of AP and NP 17.10.2017
- Chemical analysis of process water from concentration tests 06.10.2017
- Acid generation potential 29.09.2017
- Design, construction, instrumentation, and monitoring of pilot scale waste rock cover systems 27.02.2017
- Case studies / Wastes and waste facilities 27.02.2017
- Hammaslahti 07.07.2016
- Defining closure objectives to minimize risks and maximize benefits 28.04.2016
- Closure technologies / Water management 11.03.2016
- Water treatment 11.03.2016
- Water sampling 08.03.2016